Thank you for your time and thoughtful feedback at the Steering Committee meeting on Dec. 20. The powerpoint deck and summary notes from our meeting are available on the google drive for your review.
In the time since our discussion at the meeting and hearing all your feedback, we’ve made some adjustments to our next steps for the first six months of the new year.
- We’ll be focusing the work of the Collaboratives first on only one neighborhood – Westwood – to ensure we have ample time and opportunity to hear both from those of you doing work in the neighborhood, and to connect with multiple family and community groups in the neighborhood to hear their perspectives. By focusing on only one neighborhood, we will be able to test out the process and undergo a feedback and update process prior to adding more neighborhoods.
- A revised Implementation Guide and Overview document reflect these changes and are also available on the google drive.
- Please take the survey here to provide feedback on how your organization engage with families and children in Westwood. We will be sending this out through multiple channels over the next few weeks, but also ask that if you know of an organization doing work in Westwood that you pass this survey along to them as well.
- Work will continue on the graphics illustrating how we as a community work together and support Denver’s kids. In addition we will continue work on supporting documentation to increase clarity.
- The Steering Committee will be re-shaped to be an Advisory Committee with meetings scheduled every two months starting in February. You should have received an invitation to this – the first meeting is Feb. 8. Prior to each of these meetings, we will send out an agenda so you can determine whether you would like to attend or if anyone else from your organization should be at the meetings.
- We are working closely with the DPS communications team to create a new, non-DPS branded Road to Reading website with enhanced communications and status reporting tools. As soon as this is ready, we will send out a link.
Thank you for all you do,